The Core Values of Northwest Motorsport’s Car Selling Process
Here at Northwest Motorsport, we want to play an active role in changing the way people look at used car dealerships. How do we do that? We create a culture built around the same values and morals we would want to experience when buying a vehicle. One that gives prospective buyers a great experience. A good used car dealer has nothing to hide, so if you want to know more about our used car selling process, keep reading!
HILT Informs our Car Selling Process
HILT is the backbone of our culture, and you’ll find it posted at every one of our locations. It stands for Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, and Trust. These are the values we uphold when we’re with our friends and families. And these are the same values we uphold in our customer service. Whether you are buying a car or selling one, we want to make sure your experience is easy and straightforward.
Transparency in the Car Selling Process
When you see a car for sale that you want, there’s nothing worse than showing up to the dealership to find something you didn’t expect. That’s why we work hard to give potential buyers all of the information they need to know before they even dial our phone number.
- Carfax. The Carfax reports for our vehicles are offered free-to-download right from our online inventory. If the vehicle history report is not available on the website, you should also know that we provide you with a copy of the Carfax report at the point of sale.
- Inspection. All of our vehicles go through a uniform, pre-sale inspection. This inspection is time-tested and designed to make sure the vehicle meets our high standards. If you are not satisfied with just our inspection, we are willing to allow you to have the vehicle inspected by another shop prior to purchase. Of course, we encourage you to test the car as well. It’s always a good idea to ask your NWMS associate about taking the car for a test drive.
- Service Contacts. You should know all the options that are available to you. So we sell optional service contracts designed to cover major mechanical failures. A finance manager at one of our locations will review the options available with you. They will also make you a list of what is covered and provided to you for the package you select.
The Car Selling Process
Walk-In or Schedule a Test Drive
We’re always ready to give you the best customer service. No matter whether you decide to walk in with a friend or family member, or to call ahead and schedule a test drive. One of our salespeople will be right there to greet you and get you started on the car buying process. If you already know the model or features you want, that’s great! We’ll help you find one that fits your style and your budget. If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, our expert sales staff knows how to ask the right questions to find the vehicle that brings the most value to your life.
If you find something you’re interested in within our online inventory, be sure to give us a call so we can schedule a test drive! When you show up we’ll have the car ready to go and the keys ready to hand over. No waiting around for staff to find the car or keys, you’ll be ready to get the vehicle on the road.
This part of our car selling process is pretty self-explanatory. Once you decide on which car you want to drive, we’ll make sure to prep it so we can take it for a ride. This gives you the opportunity to decide how you feel about the smoothness of the ride, how it handles, how you like the features, and so on. Sometimes a feature or style of upholstery can seem great until you’ve been sitting in the car with it for a few minutes. It’s also an opportunity for us to share our knowledge and passion with you so that you can be the most informed about the vehicle you’re buying.
Pricing and Financing
Once we’ve worked together to find the best vehicle for your needs, we’ll sit down and discuss the pricing. We stay up to date on Kelly Blue Book pricing so that we can offer you a fair deal. If you decide to finance the vehicle, one of our experts from the finance department will find you the best possible options from lenders across the country.
You can even start the financing process on our website! It’s a one-time application and the quote form is simple and quick to fill out. Once you submit the form, our advisors will be in contact with you to start your credit application. We know that applying for loans is a stressful process, so let our finance specialists help you source the best credit options for your situation.
Financing is always the bottleneck of the car buying and car selling process, whatever dealership you go to. We want this part to be as fast and as pain-free as you do!
Here are a few things you should bring with you to make the financing portion of our car selling process as stress-free as possible:
- Valid driver’s license. Even if you’re only looking to do a test drive or get a quote, you should have this with you.
- Insurance card. We need to know your car is protected.
- Your two most recent pay stubs. If you’re worried about your credit score, your pay stubs will help us help you get better financing.
- Proof of residency. Like your pay stubs, this helps us negotiate a better deal on your behalf.
Are you looking to trade-in or sell your vehicle? In that case, you should also bring:
- Title for your trade-in. We need this pink slip to transfer ownership.
- Current vehicle registration for trade-in. This needs to be up-to-date for us to able to take it off your hands.
Extended Service Contracts and Service Options
If everything has gone well and we’ve agreed on a price and financing, one of our experienced finance managers will come to talk to you about your extended service contracts and service options. We have a wide range of options for you to choose from. You’re free to accept as little or as much as you want, but we want to make sure that we’ve been transparent with you at every step in this process.
Drive It off the Lot
If everything’s gone well in financing your vehicle, you should be ready to drive it off the lot! You’ll have to sign some paperwork, but we’ll work with you to make sure you understand everything you’re signing.
And that’s all she wrote! Congratulations, you’re the owner of a quality used vehicle. And you’re officially part of the Northwest Motorsport family!
Northwest Motorsport’s Car Selling Process
We hope this article gave you an idea about who we are and what our culture is all about. We know that there are used car salespeople out there giving the rest of us a bad name. Here at Northwest Motorsport, transparency and valuing our customers are the basis of everything we do. If you have questions about how we do what we do, check out our FAQ or give us a call at (833) – 407 – 4152 . We’re always happy to answer your questions!
If you want to experience the HILT car selling process in action, come on down to any of our locations. Start your car buying journey with our wonderful and energetic staff!