The MXT (known as both the Military and Most Extreme Truck) is powered by a 300 hp version of the International 6.0L VT365 V8 and equipped with a 5-speed Allison 2000 transmission. Due to its intended off-highway use, the MXT is equipped with four wheels instead of six. Although much larger, the MXT is similar in concept to the 4-door pickup versions of the Hummer H1. The purpose-built chassis is a version of International MXT-MV tactical vehicle equipped for civilian use. The launch of this truck was tied into Internationals 100th year in business “From International’s first truck 100 years ago to the new International MXT, we’ve manufactured trucks that have been on the leading-edge of innovation,” said Dee Kapur, president of International Truck and Engine’s Truck Group.
Even though this where’s the “pickup” name tag this is by no means your everyday 1/4 ton truck. Sporting a 4000lb payload capacity matched with over 15,000lbs of towing capabilities no amount of groceries could bog this bad boy down. Rolling strong on 40″ Toyo MT tires with 20″ alloy wheels the 530 ft-lbs of torque the MXT is no slouch on the street.
With a limousine style interior full of space every member of the family will enjoy pulling the trailer to the dunes or a Sunday drive to grandmas. With a giant 40-gallon tank and V8 diesel motor fuel stops are few and far between.
Break it Down:
- Body Type: 7-foot pickup bed
- Dimensions: 8 feet wide, 7 feet 7 inches tall, and 21 feet long
- Horsepower: 300
- GVWR: 14,500 pounds
- Weight: 10,500 pounds
- Chassis payload capacity: 4,000 pounds
- Towing: Suitable for a variety of hauling configurations up to 15,500 pounds
- Standard engine: International VT365, V-8 diesel (530 lb-ft of torque)
- Transmission: Allison 2200 RDS five-speed automatic
- Brakes: Hydraulic with four-channel ABS
- Axles: Front-driving 6,500-pound capacity; rear-driving 11,000-pound capacity
Interested in taking this beast for a spin? Call 253-948-9468 to set up an appointment with a Northwest Motorsport Sales Representative!