The Aftermarket/Accessories Part Counter Sales Associate is extremely knowledgeable about automotive accessory products and can accurately answer questions and satisfy customer requirements in person or on the phone. He or she locates accessories within the current inventory or from other sources (such as the internet, vendors, other dealerships, etc.) and arranges for delivery and installation.
The ideal candidate has a high school diploma or GED, previous experience in a similar position (retail, customer service, etc.), and a working knowledge of automotive parts and accessories. He or she must have a pleasant and courteous personality, strong customer service and organizational skills, strong phone and computer skills, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Locates accessories or parts and arranges for installation
- Monitors parts inventory and maintains storage area in good condition
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all vehicles, accessories, and promotions
- Maintains accurate sales documentation
- Provides timely and accurate reports as required
- Provide service technicians with parts as required.
- When working the parts counter, follows prescribed cash, credit, and check processing procedures of the dealership. Processes cores, warranties, and new return merchandise as required at a point of sale.
- Maintain customer goodwill by greeting and acknowledge all customers he/she comes in contact with.
- Treat customers fairly and with honesty, and demonstrate our commitment to superior customer service and ethical business practices
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous parts counter experience required
- Excellent communication, customer service, and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- General knowledge of inventory control
- Working knowledge of the industry
- Helpful attitude and friendly demeanor
- Highly professional and dependable
- Strong computer and internet skills, including Microsoft Office suite
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Dedication to punctuality and attendance is vital
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Non-Commission Positions Only)