Trucks, Trucks, and more Trucks! The largest independent retail dealership in the Puget Sound area has multiple openings for Service Technicians of various levels of experience and certifications. We offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Signing bonus and relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
The Service Technician maintains and performs quality service operations for internal and retail vehicles. The ideal candidates have experience in reconditioning pre-owned inventory, safety inspections, as well as lift experience. Candidates must have a professional set of tools to use on the job, a strong technical performance record, and strong physical dexterity and stamina to get the job done. He or she must be able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment and must be able to deliver quality results.
The ideal candidate has experience in reconditioning pre-owned inventory, safety inspections, as well as lift experience. The candidate must have a professional set of tools to use on the job, a strong technical performance record, and a strong physical dexterity and stamina to get the job done. He or she must be able to work productively in a fast-paced team environment and must be able to deliver quality results.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles and completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters, etc.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints, conducting inspections, repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions, and replacing parts and components
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, maintaining supplies, and performing preventive maintenance
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock, placing orders, and verifying receipt
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Follows all safety and security procedures
- Must have experience in reconditioning of pre-owned inventory
- Lift experience required
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Able to work well as part of a team
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, and lift heavy objects as needed
- High energy level
- Highly professional and dependable
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong attendance record
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Commitment to safety management
- Must have own tools/box
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off (Non-Commission Positions Only)